Want to join AAJA-LA?
The mission of the Asian American Journalists Association is to provide a means of association and support among Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) journalists; provide encouragement, information, advice and scholarship assistance to AAPI students who aspire to professional journalism careers; provide to the AAPI community an awareness of new media and an understanding of how to gain fair access; and research and point out when news media organizations stray from accuracy and fairness in coverage of AAPIs.
The current board includes professionals and students from print, broadcast and online media including those pictured below, from top left:
- David Ono, Vice President of Broadcast
- Frank Buckley, board member
- Jocelyn “Joz” Wang, Immediate Past President and National Advisory Board Representative
- Henry Fuhrmann, co-President
- Denise L. Poon, board member, Trivia Bowl Commissioner
- Kim Bui, board member
For more information about AAJA-LA: